This pathway will assist you in selecting the most appropriate course for your learning needs and career aspirations.
Level 1 – Foundation Level
People participating in these modules will benefit from:
- Increased awareness of dementia.
- A better understanding of the impact of dementia on a person’s life
- The opportunity to reflect on their own role in providing a person-centred approach.
Level 2 – Support
These modules will build on the participant’s foundational knowledge and introduce:
- More detailed strategies for supporting a person living with dementia and their families.
- A reflective approach to further develop their person-centred practice.
- Planning support for the person with dementia, based on their strengths and abilities.
Level 3 – Exploration
Art and Creativity in Dementia Care – Music in Dementia Care – Reminiscence and Life Stories – Care Environments – Supporting your Clients using an Enabling Home Environment – Dementia Support – Service Delivery Skill Set (Release 1) – CHCSS00095
Exploration modules will:
- Focus on insights from the latest research that can inform dementia assessment, treatment and support.
- Provide an opportunity to share experiences with experts.
- Further increase understanding of the specific forms of dementia.
- Cover complex issues such as choice, decision-making, competency, capacity and advance care planning.
Level 4 – Leadership
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of current dementia practice.
- Give participants the skills and confidence to challenge current dementia practice.
- Guide participants through the process of practice improvement.
- Help participants develop original ideas for improvement.
- Support the implementation of change.
- Open doors to new career paths.