The CHCSS00095 Dementia Support – Service Delivery Skill Set
This course is ideal to develop the education and knowledge of those staff already working with people living with dementia.
It further develops the skills required for:
- Enhancing a person-centred approach
- Expertly communicating with the person living with dementia
- Recognising an unmet need
- Responding effectively to potential conflict and complex situations
The course consists of four units:
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS008 – Develop strategies to address unmet needs
- CHCCCS009 – Facilitate responsible behaviour
- CHCCCS020 – Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
It is recommended that students have at least one of the following:
- Hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in an area involving provision of direct client care or support
- Have skills equivalent to the qualification requirement validated through a recognition of prior learning process
- Have substantial industry experience, on the job training and development along with supervisor assessment of capacity
Please note: classroom attendance is compulsory.
Training Centre, Alzheimer’s WA, 9 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park, WA 6008
The course can be provided at your facility for your convenience. Minimum numbers of attendees will apply.