(Ageing, Home and Community)
Now only $899*. Conditions apply.
Next intake commencing 29 September
There is a high demand for qualified aged care staff across Western Australia. Get the skills you need to start your career in aged care with a Certificate III in Individual Support.
The Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community) is a dual qualification. It will give you the knowledge and experience you need to work as a support worker in residential care, hospital settings and home care.
Why should I choose Alzheimer’s WA Training College?
Around 50 per cent of aged care residents live with dementia, and many more live at home. Knowing how to support a person with dementia will help you find a better job, faster. This course will teach you more about a person-centred approach to care, and about dementia, than any other Certificate III. Be trained by the dementia experts.
This course will take 18 weeks to complete. It consists of 13 units and a minimum of 120 hours work placement. Classroom attendance is compulsory.
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 – Support independence and well being
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE001 – Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS025 – Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCHCS001 – Provide home and community support services
- HLTINF001 – Comply with infection control policies and procedures
To be eligible for this certificate, students must:
- Have suitable English language, literacy and numeracy skills. Students will need to document and verbally communicate a support plan.
- Provide photographic identification.
- Submit a National Police Clearance.
- Be physically able to undertake the role of a support worker.
*Concessions may apply. Pay only $899 with the Priority Industry Training subsidy. $120 resource fee additional. Available for eligible students. Find out more.
To find out more about the Certificate III in Individual Support or other courses offered by Alzheimer’s WA Training College, call 1300 66 77 88 or contact us using the form below.
- Download the fees and charges
The student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student service and resource fees.