Now from only $266.40*.
*Concession fee applied. Conditions apply.
Get the skills you need to start your career in Age Care.
Why should I choose Alzheimer’s WA Training College?
As dementia care specialists, Alzheimer’s WA Training College has woven a person-centred approach to dementia care into all its courses. In excess of 50% of people receiving aged care are living with some level of cognitive impairment and we see this as a crucial part of your learning.
This course will provide you with the strongest possible foundation knowledge and skills to commence your career in aged care and more about dementia care than any other currently offered.
- Alzheimer’s WA Training College has significant dementia specific resources available for students to utilise during their studies
- A variety of industry expert guest speakers will be incorporated into your learning program
- For those interested, a portion of your work experience may be arranged in our dementia specific respite facility
Book your place now or register your interest
More information about the Certificate III in Individual Support
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 – Support independence and well being
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
What are the elective units:
- CHCAGE001 – Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS025 – Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCHCS001 – Provide home and community support services
- HLTINF001 – Comply with infection control policies and procedures
To be eligible for this certificate, students must:
- Have a suitable English language, literacy and numeracy skills. Students will need to document and verbally communicate a support plan.
- Provide photographic identification.
- Submit a National Police Clearance less than 6 months old.
- Be physically able to undertake the role of a support worker.
- Produce evidence of a current influenza vaccination or be willing to have one prior to work placement and provide evidence of Covid-19 double vaccination.
*Concessions may apply. $120 resource fee additional. Available for eligible students. Find out more.
To find out more about the Certificate III in Individual Support or other courses offered by Alzheimer’s WA Training College, call Sharon Richards on 08 6271 1041.
- Download the fees and charges
The student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student service and resource fees.