People living with dementia and carers can provide a powerful voice for change and a perspective on dementia no one else can provide. As a Dementia Advocate, you will join others living with dementia in the Dementia Advocate Program and become an influential voice that can make a big difference in the WA community.
Your Voice Matters
Alzheimer’s WA values your voice and encourages you to share your story about dementia.
This helps to:
- Hear the voice of the consumer.
- Raise awareness of dementia and its impact on families.
- Increase community understanding about living with dementia.
- Reduce the stigma associated with dementia in our society.
- Help government and service providers recognise the needs of people living with dementia, their carers and their families.
How can a Dementia Advocate help?
As a Dementia Advocate, you can become involved through:
- Sharing your dementia story with the media (radio, television, print and online).
- Speaking at forums, educational sessions and public events.
- Helping researchers find better ways to support people living with dementia.
- Using your experience to help improve services and government discussions.
- Sharing your story to assist with fundraising campaigns.
Gain a unique perspective by reading stories from some of our Dementia Advocates.
How do I become a Dementia Advocate?
If you would like to become one of our Perth and WA Dementia Advocate’s or learn more about the program, please contact us on 1300 66 77 88 or register online.