People living with dementia and carers can provide a powerful voice for change and a perspective on dementia no one else can provide. As a Dementia Advocate, you will join others living with dementia in the Dementia Advocate Programme and become an influential voice that can make a big difference in the WA community.
Your Voice Matters
Alzheimer’s WA values your voice and encourages you to share your story about dementia.
This helps to:
- Hear the voice of the consumer.
- Raise awareness of dementia and its impact on families.
- Increase community understanding about living with dementia.
- Reduce the stigma associated with dementia in our society.
- Help government and service providers recognise the needs of people living with dementia, their carers and their families.
How can a Dementia Advocate help?
As a Dementia Advocate, you can become involved through:
- Sharing your dementia story with the media (radio, television, print and online)
- Speaking at forums, educational sessions and public events.
- Helping researchers find better ways to support people living with dementia.
- Using your experience to help improve services and government discussions.
- Sharing your story to assist with fundraising campaigns.
Gain a unique perspective by reading stories from some of our Dementia Advocates.
How do I become a Dementia Advocate?
If you would like to become one of our Perth & WA Dementia Advocate’s or learn more about the program, please contact us on 1300 66 77 88 or register online.