Alzheimer’s WA works in partnership with community, aged health and disability providers. Our capacity building model brings our dementia expertise to support the development of your services and environments through training, consultancy and client service brokerage.
Alzheimer’s WA’s consultancy and education specialists are leaders in dementia training and translation of evidence to practice. With many years’ experience, Alzheimer’s WA can support an organisation’s goals and aspirations to be a provider of choice to the growing number of people living with dementia.
Our inter-disciplinary consultancy and education specialists include experienced allied health professionals, nurses, social workers, educators, design professionals and change process practitioners.
Alzheimer’s WA has a wealth of dementia experience and expertise across a broad range of disciplines and can assist organisations to become dementia experts too across a wide range of care and community environments.
Transforming Dementia Practice
Alzheimer’s WA provides a comprehensive consultancy service which focuses on empowering your organisation to become a leader in delivering care and support for people living with dementia. We recognise that working with people living with dementia requires specialised skills and understanding.
Alzheimer’s WA can work with you in creating dementia friendly environments that are physically, socially and culturally inclusive.
Some of the benefits of the Alzheimer’s WA consultancy service:
- An opportunity to position yourself in the market place as an advanced specialist service provider.
- Inclusive, flexible aged care consultancy programs which can be adapted to the unique needs of your organisation, clients and staff.
- A strengths-based approach to implementing person-centred care with an enablement and wellness focus.
- Consultants with real-world experience in dementia care, dementia research, aged care best practice.
Our consultancy service can help anyone – from businesses who wish to become more accessible, to clients with dementia to aged and health care organisations wishing to advance their practice and reputation as a high quality dementia care provider.
We can provide your organisation with quality solutions for:
- Dementia care leadership.
- Balancing risk with opportunity.
- Innovative therapeutic models and approaches.
- Dementia specialist education and training programs.
- Environmental design – building design, interior planning and therapeutic garden design.
The Dementia Partnership Project is a joint initiative between the Western Australian Department of Health and Alzheimer’s WA. This project aims to enhance the experience and improve the quality of life of people living with dementia in the community.
The Community Dementia Champions Program assists community organisations to develop staff in the specialised field of dementia care. Its primary aim is to build capacity within the community care sector to support the needs of people living with dementia with an emphasis on the use of a person-centred philosophy.