- Would you like to spend time supporting a person with dementia?
- How about assisting Alzheimer’s WA to raise much needed funds?
- Or talking to community members who have questions about dementia?
If that’s you – then we would love to hear from you!
Alzheimer’s WA relies on people just like you to undertake a wide range of voluntary roles within our organisation to help enhance the quality of life of people with dementia, add value to our services, and complement the work of our staff in their professional roles.
What you can expect from us:
- Great training in the dementia sector
- An excellent working environment
- Active mentoring and supervision
- Keeping you in the loop with new developments and opportunities
What we will expect from you:
Our organisation takes your offer to volunteer as seriously as you do, and we expect that people who work with us will make a commitment that ensures we both benefit from the relationship.
Attending induction and training sessions
We expect regular volunteers to undertake two full days (9.00am to 4.30pm) of training as a minimum. One day is devoted to learning about the organisation and its work, and the second provides you with an insight into dementia.
National Police Clearance
All staff and regular volunteers of Alzheimer’s Australia WA are required to have a National Police Clearance. We can check this for you at no charge, however if you require your own copy for other purposes (for example, you might volunteer elsewhere and most organisations now require this) they are available at Australia Post outlets while you wait. It will cost $51 and will require 100-point proof of identity.
If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources department on 1300 66 77 88.
If you think this all sounds great, explore the available volunteer roles below. You can download the Alzheimer’s WA Volunteer Application Form and return it to us and we’ll give you a call regarding the next steps.
Please post all completed forms to:
PO Box 1509
Subiaco WA 6904
Or email or fax to us on: 08 9388 2739
- Dementia Aware Friend
- Day Centre Support
- Enabling Environments Assistant
- Kitchen Assistant
- Transport Assistant
- Art Gallery Visit Assistant *Currently no positions available
- Art Therapy Assistant * Currently no positions available
- Carer Support Group Co-Facilitator
- Carers Social Support Group Assistant
- Walking Group Assistant
For more information or to register as a dementia volunteer, please contact us on 1300 66 77 88