- Would you like to spend time supporting a person with dementia?
- How about assisting Alzheimer’s WA to raise much needed funds?
- Or talking to community members who have questions about dementia?
- Or providing professional or administrative support?
If that’s you – then we would love to hear from you!
Alzheimer’s WA relies on people just like you to undertake a wide range of voluntary roles within our organisation to help enhance the quality of life of people with dementia, add value to our services, and complement the work of our staff in their professional roles.
- Volunteers are the soul of Alzheimer’s WA. You’ll be making a huge difference to the lives of others who most need you
- Volunteering will provide you with an opportunity to make new friends, reach out to the local community, learn new skills and even advance your career
- Volunteering may also benefit your mental and physical health
- As a valued volunteer, you can assist our clients to live independently in their own homes for longer, reduce isolation and promote social engagement
- We have volunteer roles in our corporate office and Memory Cafe’s as well
What you can expect from us:
- Great training in the dementia sector
- An excellent working environment
- Active mentoring and supervision
- Keeping you in the loop with new developments and opportunities
What we will expect from you:
Our organisation takes your offer to volunteer as seriously as you do, and we expect that people who work with us will make a commitment that ensures we both benefit from the relationship.
All employees and volunteers of Alzheimer’s WA are required to obtain an NDIS Check. These cost $11 for volunteers and Alzheimer’s WA will reimburse the cost of the application to volunteers. More information on how to obtain an NDIS Check can be found here.
If you have any questions, please contact our People & Culture team on 1300 66 77 88 or at email@example.com