Current volunteer positions available
Ella’s House, Mandurah
Mary Chester House, Shenton Park
- Would you like to spend time supporting a person with dementia?
- How about assisting Alzheimer’s WA to raise much needed funds?
- Or talking to community members who have questions about dementia?
- Or providing professional or administrative support?
If that’s you – then we would love to hear from you!
Alzheimer’s WA relies on people just like you to undertake a wide range of voluntary roles within our organisation to help enhance the quality of life of people with dementia, add value to our services, and complement the work of our staff in their professional roles.
- Volunteers are the soul of Alzheimer’s WA. You’ll be making a huge difference to the lives of others who most need you
- Volunteering will provide you with an opportunity to make new friends, reach out to the local community, learn new skills and even advance your career
- Volunteering may also benefit your mental and physical health
- As a valued volunteer, you can assist our clients to live independently in their own homes for longer, reduce isolation and promote social engagement
- We have volunteer roles in our corporate office and Memory Cafe’s as well
What you can expect from us:
- Great training in the dementia sector
- An excellent working environment
- Active mentoring and supervision
- Keeping you in the loop with new developments and opportunities
What we will expect from you:
Our organisation takes your offer to volunteer as seriously as you do, and we expect that people who work with us will make a commitment that ensures we both benefit from the relationship.
All regular volunteers of Alzheimer’s WA are required to have an NDIS Check. These cost $11 for volunteers and more information on how to obtain an NDIS Check can be found here.
Looking for a student placement?
Please complete the Student Placement Application Form.
If you have any questions, please contact our Human Resources department on 1300 66 77 88.
If you think this all sounds great, explore the available volunteer roles above. You can also download the Alzheimer’s WA – Volunteer Application Form and return it to us or fill out the online application form below.
Please post all completed forms to:
PO Box 1509
Subiaco WA 6904
Or fax to us on (08) 9388 2739