Our Support Workers are a vital part of our organisation, providing clients with our high standard of person-centred services. The services we provide enable people living with dementia to experience an extraordinary quality of life within their household and their community.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Build rapport and relationships with people living with dementia to provide companionship and support, whilst maintaining optimum professional boundaries;
- Create and maintain an environment supporting the wellbeing needs of people living with dementia, and their family carers;
- Plan and commit to activities and outings that provide opportunities to maintain skills and promote independence, whilst respecting a client’s personal choice;
- Facilitate meaningful activities for centre-based clients, always supporting their abilities and dignity, whilst providing reassurance and validation of their feelings;
- Provide support with personal care and medication;
- Collaborate with your team to provide person-centred support to people living with dementia in the community.
- To apply for a support worker position we require a Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent demonstrated experience.
Alzheimer’s WA Training College offers this course and you may be eligible for subsidised training. Read more about Priority Industry Training or call us on 1300 66 77 88.
- Current Senior First Aid [HLTAID011] and CPR [HLTAID009] (with 3+ months until expiry);
- A valid WA ‘C’ class driver’s licence and an insured roadworthy vehicle;
- NDIS Worker Screening; and
- COVID Vaccination (first 3 jabs)
- Certificate IV in Dementia, or equivalent demonstrated experience;
- Candidates with previous exposure to Dementia Care will be highly regarded.
At Alzheimer’s WA, we offer:
- Opportunity to salary package up to $15,900 per annum;
- Five (5) weeks of annual leave per year;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- A comprehensive induction program;
- On-going professional development opportunities.