As the dementia experts, Alzheimer’s WA works with clients, their families and other organisations to have the greatest impact on the lived experience of those with dementia.
We are an organisation united by our shared passion, driven by the guidance of our clients and focussed on our sustainability to make a difference for as long as we are needed.
Alzheimer’s WA are seeking a Quality and Risk Coordinator. The role is responsible for coordination, implementation and maintenance of our Quality and Risk Management Systems and Quality Improvement activities. Responsible for leading, coordinating, developing, implementing and delivering Quality and Risk frameworks across the organisation that drive best practice, robust systems and effective structures. Ensuring Leaderships adherence to schedules and timeframes will be an important component to this role. Working 15 hours per week from our Osborne Park Office. Work days to suit successful applicant.
Your duties as the Quality and Risk Coordinator will include, but not be limited to:
- Evaluate, recommend, develop, implement and maintain Alzheimer’s WA’s quality framework and continuous improvement requirements, including:
- evaluate and assess current framework;
- recommend and implement plan;
- develop and implement framework, policy, process and procedures;
- maintain and manage schedules and timeframes;
- Coordinate quality improvement activities, processes and documentation;
- In conjunction with Compliance Officer ensure compliance with all relevant Government, legislation, regulatory requirements, audit requirements, professional standards and guidelines;
- Manage Continuous Improvement initiatives;
- Provide assistance with internal audits and reporting.
- Develop, implement and oversee organisational risk management plan;
- Maintain risk management plan, schedules and timeframes;
- Coordinate Risk Management initiatives within the organisation.
- Develop, project manage and coordinate organisation’s policy framework and processes;
- Maintain and manage quality, risk and continuous improvement schedules;
- Oversee the development and timeliness of policy, procedure, process, forms, handbooks, manuals and other documentation relevant to quality, risk and management;
- Maintain master folders of electronic and hard copy documentation;
- Support with policy creation and implementation;
- Prepare correspondence as requested including reports and updates.
- Develop, implement and deliver internal training relating to quality assurance and risk management objectives;
- Coordinate and chair meetings as required;
- Act as a resource for staff in the area of quality, risk and improvement;
- Assist with the development and maintenance of strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders;
- Relevant experience in quality, risk and continuous improvement frameworks, systems, structures and requirements.
- Relevant experience in policy development and schedule maintenance.
- Ability to prioritise workload and met set timelines while working under minimal supervision;
- Effective communication, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work with and support others to meet schedules and timelines.
- Demonstrated experience in research and development of policy.
- Current Police Clearance and Driver’s Licence
- Post-graduate qualifications in business or management.
- An understanding of dementia and the services of Alzheimer’s WA.
- An understanding of the unique nature of the not for profit / charity sector.
Please submit your application with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your current resume through our online recruitment form.
Closing date for applications: 14 January 2019
For more information please contact Julie Wilson (08) 9388 2800