A caring, helping hand to people with dementia.
One of the most powerful ways of ensuring you leave an enduring legacy is through a gift in your Will to Alzheimer’s Australia WA.
Funds will be used to make sure those living with dementia never stand alone until there is a cure. We will enhance the lives of all Western Australians living with dementia and help create a better future. Tomorrow the cure, today the care.
A bequest or endowment will ensure the best services and most cutting edge programs and research are available. Your gift will also help improve the quality of life for people living with dementia and deliver hope that someday future generations can live without dementia.
A bequest or endowment costs you nothing now but will have an enduring impact into the future.
Every dollar you give helps ensure no one with dementia in Australia stands alone.
Why you need a Will
Making a Will and leaving a legacy is a very personal decision. A Will ensures your personal wishes will be honoured. It is also the first step in supporting the people and causes you love and care about. Ideally, you should consult a legal advisor, such as a solicitor or trustee, to ensure your Will is subject to the laws of Western Australia.
It is important to review your Will regularly. Key milestones when you should update your Will include marriage, birth of children, separation or divorce, retirement or a death in the family.
How your bequest or endowment will help
Alzheimer’s Australia WA would never have achieved the success it has without the vision of those who have left us gifts in their Wills or made significant endowments.
By including Alzheimer’s Australia WA in your Will, we can continue to:
- Advocate for a better quality of life for West Australians living with dementia.
- Provide specialised dementia care, support, education, information and advocacy.
- Research and develop world-leading, cutting-edge innovations and care approaches to assist people with dementia and enhance their lives.
- Work towards a future without dementia.
- Increase the understanding in families and the community about dementia and how best to respond to it.
How your bequest is used
More than anything your bequest is used to fund a better future for those living with dementia and not administration costs.
In 2014 we implemented a mechanism which ensures all bequests are preserved for special projects. They are not used for general expenditure. We value the generosity of such gifts and respect our donors and your amazing support.
These special projects include:
- Identifying effective services that will change lives
- Increasing awareness and understanding of dementia.
- Improving advocacy and empowering consumers to ensure people with all forms of dementia are heard and provided with services that best address their needs.
If you would like to request that your bequest be used for a specific purpose please let us know.
For more information download our bequest brochure or call our bequest team on 1300 66 77 88.