Once a month in a select number of cafés across Perth, a very special morning tea takes place.
The morning tea is for people living with dementia; an informal and social affair where people can feel welcomed and accepted, remain socially active and make new friends.
In recognising the need to encourage inclusion of people living with dementia in the local community, Alzheimer’s WA has partnered with local Government and businesses to bring the Memory Café concept to Western Australia.
Each of the cafés involved has an inviting and friendly atmosphere, employs delightful staff and offers delicious coffee and cake.
Do you, a family member or friend live with dementia? Visit a Memory Café, enjoy a coffee and some great conversation.
Memory Cafés in the metropolitan area
- Belmont: Tavolo Café
- Booragoon: Coffea Fine Espresso, Garden City Shopping Centre
- Fremantle: Bistro 21
- Innaloo: The Coffee Club, Westfield Innaloo
- Kelmscott: Avocados Café, Mount Street, Kelmscott (First Friday of the month, 10.00am – 12.00pm)
- Kingsley: Waldeck’s Lakeview Cafe (Younger Onset Dementia only) (Last Friday of the month 10.00am)
- Kwinana: Caffissimo (First and third Wednesday of the month 9.30am – 11.30am)
- Mandurah: Memory Café @ Lakelands Library
- Mundaring: The Hub of the Hills
- Rockingham: The Clipper Café
Memory Cafés in regional areas
- Albany: The Store Café
Last Thursday of every month, 10.00am
Contact Hawthorn House on (08) 9841 3755
- Manjimup: Coming soon
Contact the Shire of Manjimup for more information on (08) 9771 7777
- Toodyay – The Cola Cafe and Museum (second Tues of the month – beginning 9 April 2019)
- York – Granny’s Home Kitchen (Second Thurs of the month 10am – 11am)