Once a month in a select number of cafés across Perth, a very special morning tea takes place.
The morning tea is for people living with dementia; an informal and social affair where people can feel welcomed and accepted, remain socially active and make new friends.
In recognising the need to encourage inclusion of people living with dementia in the local community, Alzheimer’s WA has partnered with local Government and businesses to bring the Memory Café concept to Western Australia.
Each of the cafés involved has an inviting and friendly atmosphere, employs delightful staff and offers delicious coffee and cake.
Do you, a family member or friend live with dementia? Visit a Memory Café, enjoy a coffee and some great conversation.
Memory Cafés in the metropolitan area
- Belmont: Tavolo Café (First Wednesday of the month at 10.30am)
- Booragoon: Coffea Fine Espresso, Garden City Shopping Centre (Last Tuesday of the month, 9.30 – 11.00am)
- Fremantle: Bistro 21 (Second Wednesday of the month, 10.00am – 11.30am)
- Gosnells: Kelly’s Café 163 Birnam Road, Canning Vale (Second Wednesday of the month, 10am)
- Innaloo: The Coffee Club, Westfield Innaloo (First Tuesday of the month at 2.30pm)
- Kelmscott: Avocados Café (First Friday of the month, 10.00am – 11.00pm)
- Kingsley – Younger Onset Dementia Memory Cafe: Waldeck’s Lakeview Cafe (Last Friday of the month, 10.00am)
- Mundaring: The Hub of the Hills (Second Tuesday of the month, 9.30 – 11.00am)
- Rockingham: The Clipper Café (Third Monday of the month, 10.00 – 12 noon)
Memory Cafés in regional areas
- Albany: The Store Café (Last Thursday of every month, 10.00am)
Contact Hawthorn House on (08) 9841 3755
- Toodyay: The Cola Café and Museum (Second Tuesday of the month, 10.00am – 12.00pm)
- York: Grannies Home Kitchen (Fourth Monday of the month, 10.00am – 11.00am)
(Commencing August 2019 – Date change to fourth Friday of the month, 10.00am – 11.00am)