Welcome to our December 2017 edition of Member Connect.
Christmas is almost here, and with it a chance to spend time with the people most precious to us. It is also a time when feelings of loneliness and isolation can be heightened, especially for those with dementia.
Our houses in Perth, Albany and Mandurah provide an evidence based environment that seeks to maximise wellbeing for the person living with dementia. All of our houses offer day respite, with Perth and Albany also offering an overnight respite service. Our houses are the only Eden Alternative® registered day centre environments in Western Australia.
In this edition, read about:
- Our houses; Mary Chester House in Perth, and Hawthorn House in Albany, successfully re-register for the Eden Alternative®
- Open Day at Mary Chester House
- New Men’s Shed for Ella’s House in Mandurah
- Carers are truly inspirational people
- The WE in Dementia – 4th Annual Dementia Partnership Project Symposium
- Hope and dreams – an article by CEO Rhonda Parker