This workshop will provide community staff working with people with dementia with useful information on how to easily adapt home environments to support a person living with dementia.
This workshop is full of practical advice and tips, with topic areas including:
- How to carry out an assessment of the home environment
- Practical ideas, advice and tips that can make the home more enabling for the person living with dementia
- Exploration of ideas for creating meaningful activities in and around their home environment
- Learn how assistive technology can support an enabling environment for your client by reducing risk, supporting independence and creating more choices
- HACC Community Care workers – $90
- Aged, disability or health care workers (e.g. hospital, residential care, client-directed care package or disability community care) – $126
Metro and/or Regional:
Training available in Metro and Regional areas.
Dates and Locations:
Alzheimer’s WA, 9 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park, WA 6008: 9.00am – 12.30pm
- To be confirmed
How to attend:
Click on one of the sessions within the ‘Dates and Locations’ section to book your preferred training date or please call us on 1300 66 77 88 or email us.