In this workshop, people working in dementia care will be given skills to help them engage in reminiscing and the creation of a life story book with a person with dementia, with help and support from their family and friends.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Learn strategies to encourage and support reminiscing
- Develop the key points for creating an individual life story
- Identify opportunities for using life stories as a person-centred communication tool
- HACC Community Care Service workers – $90;
- Aged, disability or health care workers (i.e. hospital, residential, client-directed care package or disability community care) – $126
Metro and/or Regional:
Training available in both Metro & Regional areas.
Dates & Locations:
Alzheimer’s WA, 9 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park, WA 6008 – 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Ella’s House, 11 Candelo Loop, Greenfields, Mandurah
Alzheimer’s WA, Hawthorn House, 40 Henry Street, Albany
- This workshop can be held in the Great Southern. Please express your interest by emailing us.
How to attend:
Click on one of the sessions within the ‘Dates & Locations’ section to book your preferred training date or alternatively talk to our customer service team on 1300 66 77 88 or email us.