This popular foundation workshop provides a basic understanding of dementia as well as practical strategies to enable positive interaction when supporting a person living with dementia.
Participants will gain a better understanding of:
- Dementia and how it affects a person
- How to support wellbeing
- How to respond to changes over time
- The person-centred care model
- HACC Community Care Service workers – $155 (lunch provided)
- Aged, disability or health care workers (e.g. hospital, residential care, client-directed care package or disability community care) – $210 (lunch provided)
Metro and/or Regional:
This training is available in Metro and Regional areas.
Dates and Locations
Alzheimer’s WA, 9 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park – 9:30am to 4:00pm
- Wednesday, 4 July 2018
- Tuesday, 7 August 2018
- Monday, 10 September 2018
- Monday, 8 October 2018
- Friday, 9 November 2018
- Wednesday, 5 December 2018
Alzheimer’s WA, Hawthorn House, 40 Henry Street, Albany
- This workshop can be held in the Great Southern. Please express your interest by contacting us.
How to Attend
Click on one of the sessions within the ‘Dates and Locations’ section to book your preferred training date or alternatively talk to our customer service team on 1300 66 77 88 or email us.