This popular foundation workshop provides a basic understanding of dementia as well as practical strategies to enable positive interaction when supporting a person living with dementia.
Participants will gain a better understanding of:
- Dementia and how it affects a person
- How to support wellbeing
- How to respond to changes over time
- The person-centred care model
- HACC Community Care Service workers – $155 (lunch provided)
- Aged, disability or health care workers (e.g. hospital, residential care, client-directed care package or disability community care) – $210 (lunch provided)
Metro and/or Regional:
This training is available in Metro & Regional areas.
Dates & Locations
Alzheimer’s WA, 9 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park – 9:30am to 4:00pm
Alzheimer’s WA, Hawthorn House, 40 Henry Street, Albany
- This workshop can be held in the Great Southern. Please express your interest by contacting us.
How to Attend
Click on one of the sessions within the ‘Dates & Locations’ section to book your preferred training date or alternatively talk to our customer service team on 1300 66 77 88 or email us.