This workshop will explore the importance of engaging meaningfully with people living with dementia by providing them with activities that are purposeful and pleasurable.
This workshop is perfect for anyone supporting people with dementia in a community or residential setting who is interested in providing quality, person-centred care.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Explore the importance of identifying individual needs of people living with dementia
- Examine the relationship of meaningful engagement to wellbeing
- Develop a plan of suitably engaging activities for a person living with dementia
- HACC Community Care Service workers – $90;
- Aged, disability or health care workers (e.g. hospital, residential care, client-directed care package or disability community care) – $126
Metro and/or Regional:
Service available in Metro & Regional areas.
Dates & Locations:
Alzheimer’s WA, 9 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park, WA 6008 – 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Alzheimer’s WA, Ella’s House, 11 Candelo Loop, Greenfields – 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Alzheimer’s WA, Hawthorn House, 40 Henry Street, Albany
How to attend:
Click on one of the sessions within the ‘Dates & Locations’ section to book your preferred training date or alternatively talk to our customer service team on 1300 66 77 88 or email us.