This specialised workshop addresses the ways of providing support to a person living with both an intellectual disability (such as Down syndrome) and dementia. It is suitable for anyone working in disability services or community care that may need to interact with people with an intellectual disability and dementia.
This course offers the opportunity to:
- Gain a greater understanding of how dementia affects people with an intellectual disability
- Develop the skills required to communicate more effectively with people with the dual diagnosis
- Identify and respond to changes over time
- HACC Community Care Service workers – $155;
- Aged, disability or health care workers (e.g. hospital, residential care, client-directed care package or disability community care) – $210
Metro and/or Regional:
Training available in Perth Metro area.
Dates & Locations:
Alzheimer’s WA, 9 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park, WA 6008: 9:30AM – 4:00PM
Alzheimer’s WA, Ella’s House, 11 Candelo Loop, Greenfields, WA 6210: 9:30AM – 4:00PM
Click on one of the sessions within the ‘Dates & Locations’ section to book your preferred training date or alternatively talk to our customer service team on 1300 66 77 88 or email us.