This workshop is built around simulation and personal experience, giving participants a glimpse into the day-to-day experiences of a person living with dementia. Participants will engage in simulations reflecting what it’s like to have dementia so that they can better understand the difficulties (such as visuospatial effects).
As a participant, you will:
- Listen to a carer or person with dementia tell you about their experience
- Consider how you can be more supportive towards people in your care
- Identify the absolute importance of trust in relationships
- HACC Community Care Service workers – $90;
- Aged, disability or health care workers (i.e. hospital, residential care, client-directed care package or disability community care) – $126
Metro and/or Regional:
Service available in Metro & Regional areas.
Dates and Locations:
Alzheimer’s WA, 9 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park, WA 6008 – 9.00am – 12.30pm
Alzheimer’s WA, Ella’s House, 11 Candelo Loop, Greenfields – 9.00am – 12.30pm
Alzheimer’s WA, Hawthorn House, 40 Henry Street, Albany – 9.30am – 1.00pm
How to attend:
Click on one of the sessions within the ‘Dates and Locations’ section to book your preferred training date or alternatively talk to our customer service team on 1300 66 77 88 or email us.