This workshop is built around simulation and personal experience, giving participants a glimpse into the day-to-day experiences of a person living with dementia. Participants will engage in simulations reflecting what it’s like to have dementia so that they can better understand the difficulties (such as visuospatial effects).
As a participant, you will:
- Listen to a carer or person with dementia tell you about their experience
- Consider how you can be more supportive towards people in your care
- Identify the absolute importance of trust in relationships
- HACC Community Care Service workers – $90;
- Aged, disability or health care workers (i.e. hospital, residential care, client-directed care package or disability community care) – $126
Metro and/or Regional:
Service available in Metro & Regional areas.
Dates & Locations:
Alzheimer’s WA, 9 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park, WA 6008 – 09:00 – 12:30
Alzheimer’s WA, Ella’s House, 11 Candelo Loop, Greenfields – 09:00 – 12:30
Alzheimer’s WA, Hawthorn House, 40 Henry Street, Albany – 09:30 – 13:00
How to attend:
Click on one of the sessions within the ‘Dates & Locations’ section to book your preferred training date or alternatively talk to our customer service team on 1300 66 77 88 or email us.