This workshop explores the application of 10 evidence-based principles of dementia design across a variety of environments such as hospitals, day clubs and residential aged care facilities. You will also have the opportunity to visit a dementia specialist day club to see these principles in action.
This workshop is full of practical advice and tips, with topic areas including:
- Architectural design, signage and choosing furniture
- Use of colour and lighting
- Creating meaningful engagement opportunities
- Creating therapeutic garden space
- The use of design audit tools
- HACC Community Care Service workers – $90;
- Aged, disability or health care workers (e.g. hospital, residential care, client-directed care package or disability community care) – $126
Metro and/or Regional:
Workshop available in Perth Metro area.
Dates and Locations:
Alzheimer’s WA, 9 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park – 1.00pm – 4.00pm
- To be confirmed
How to attend:
Click on one of the sessions within the ‘Dates and Locations’ section to book your preferred training date or please call us on 1300 66 77 88 or email us.