This workshop explores the application of 10 evidence-based principles of dementia design across a variety of environments such as hospitals, day clubs and residential aged care facilities. You will also have the opportunity to visit a dementia specialist day club to see these principles in action.
This workshop is full of practical advice and tips, with topic areas including:
- Architectural design, signage and choosing furniture
- Use of colour and lighting
- Creating meaningful engagement opportunities
- Creating therapeutic garden space
- The use of design audit tools
- HACC Community Care Service workers – $90;
- Aged, disability or health care workers (e.g. hospital, residential care, client-directed care package or disability community care) – $126
Metro and/or Regional:
Workshop available in Perth Metro area.
Dates and Locations:
Alzheimer’s WA, 9 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park – 1.00pm – 4.00pm
- To be confirmed
How to attend:
Click on one of the sessions within the ‘Dates and Locations’ section to book your preferred training date or alternatively talk to our customer service team on 1300 66 77 88 or email us.