Art can provide an alternative language for communication – through images, symbols and colours. This workshop is for anyone working in aged, health or community care services and will help you plan arts-activities for people with dementia.
During the workshop, you will work with a variety of art materials – both 2D and 3D – to get an understanding of the ways art can be used for expression and how it can be used to engage people with dementia.
On top of this, you will receive printed information full of advice on:
- How to set up and organise a therapeutic art group, whilst keeping physical and psychological safety in mind
- How to choose suitable, quality art materials without blowing your budget
- How to identify appropriate themes and activities
- The value of dementia-specific guided art tours
- HACC Community Care Service workers – $155;
- Aged, disability or health care workers (e.g. hospital, residential care, client-directed care package or disability community care) – $210
Metro and/or Regional:
Workshop available in Perth Metro area.
Dates & Locations:
Alzheimer’s WA, 9 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park, WA 6008 – 9:30AM – 4:00PM
How to attend:
Click on one of the sessions within the ‘Dates & Locations’ section to book your preferred training date or alternatively talk to our customer service team on 1300 66 77 88 or email us.