Applications are now open for February 2019 intake
Alzheimer’s WA is offering an exciting opportunity to develop staff in the specialist field of dementia care.
The Dementia Change Champion: Younger Onset Dementia Program is available to organisations funded under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) who are supporting people living with dementia who are under the age of 65.
The program will equip participants with knowledge and skills to help them support and enhance dementia approaches in their workplace.
Dementia Change Champions will receive the following training and support:
- Scholarship to undertake the CHCSS00095 – Dementia Support – Service Delivery Skill Set
- Access to Alzheimer’s WA’s resources
- Networking opportunities facilitated by Alzheimer’s WA
- Mentoring and support from senior consultants in the form of workplace visits
To become a Dementia Change Champion, participants must be committed to:
- Leading the way in culture change and improving practice
- Building organisational capacity through sharing knowledge, information and ideas
- Completing the CHCSS00095 – Dementia Support – Service Delivery Skill Set (involves face-to-face training, timely submission of written assignments and successful workplace assessments)
For further information about the Dementia Change Champion Program, please contact Joanne Edgell, Dementia Change Champion Program Lead on 1300 66 77 88 or email@example.com.
Applications due by close of business Friday, 11 January 2019.
This project is an NDIS Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) initiative. For more ILC events and resources please visit www.disability.wa.gov.au/wa-ndis/wa-ndis/information-linkages-and-capacity-building/resources/.