Alzheimer’s WA is offering an exciting opportunity to develop staff in the specialist field of dementia care.
The Dementia Change Champion (Community) Program is part of the Dementia Partnership Project and has been funded by the Australian Government Department of Health under the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP).
The Dementia Change Champion Program will equip participants with knowledge and skills to help them support and enhance dementia approaches in their workplace.
Dementia Change Champions will receive the following training and support:
- Scholarship to undertake the Certificate IV Leadership and Innovation in Dementia Services
(This nationally accredited qualification is the only dementia specific Certificate IV currently available in Australia)
- Fully subsidised access to Alzheimer’s WA’s dementia education workshops
- Complimentary attendance at the Dementia Partnership Project symposium
- Three Dementia Change Champion network meetings per year
- Ongoing mentoring and support from the Dementia Partnership Project in the form of workplace visits
To become a Dementia Change Champion participants must be committed to:
- Leading the way in culture change and improving practice
- Building organisational capacity through sharing knowledge, information and ideas
- Complete the Certificate IV Leadership and Innovation in Dementia Services
- Undertake ongoing education, training and development to maintain champion registration status
- Attend Dementia Change Champion network meetings
- Act as a mentor for future Dementia Change Champions
For further information about the Dementia Change Champion Program, please contact us on 1300 66 77 88 or firstname.lastname@example.org.