Alzheimer’s WA is offering an exciting opportunity to develop staff in the specialist field of dementia care.
The Dementia Change Champion (Community) Program is part of the Dementia Partnership Project and has been funded by the Australian Government Department of Health under the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP).
The Dementia Change Champion Program will equip participants with knowledge and skills to help them support and enhance dementia approaches in their workplace.
To become a Dementia Change Champion participants must be committed to:
- Undertake education, training and development to obtain and maintain champion registration status
- Leading the way in culture change and improving practice
- Building organisational capacity through sharing knowledge, information and ideas
- Attend Dementia Change Champion network meetings
- Act as a mentor for future Dementia Change Champions
Perth Metro program
Applications now open for April 2020 Perth Metro intake
Dementia Change Champions (Perth Metro program) will receive the following training and support:
- Scholarship to undertake the 10719NAT Certificate IV Leadership and Innovation in Dementia Services (This nationally accredited qualification is the only dementia specific Certificate IV currently available in Australia)
- Subsidised access to a range of Alzheimer’s WA’s dementia education workshops
- Complimentary attendance at the Dementia Partnership Project symposium
- Professional networking opportunities
- Ongoing mentoring and support from the Dementia Partnership Project Team in the form of workplace visits
- Dementia Change Champion Program Application Form
Applications due by close of business Friday, 21 February 2020
For further information about the Dementia Change Champion Program, please contact 1300 66 77 88 or email@example.com.