Alzheimer’s WA is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 4755) with decades of experience in educating and training the health care professionals and front line teams who work with those living with dementia.
We believe dementia is a human experience rather than just a biological condition.
Our philosophy of care is rooted in a commitment to a person-centred approach and practice. This is reflected in all of our education and training.
Our highly professional educators are all qualified and have vast and varied experience in providing support to people living with dementia and their families in either community, hospital or residential settings.
The CHCSS00095 Dementia Support – Service Delivery Skill Set is ideal to develop the education and knowledge of those staff already working with people living with dementia.
It further explores the skills required for:
- expertly communicating with the person living with dementia
- recognising an unmet need
- enhancing a person-centred approach
- identifying potential conflict and complex situations
The course consists of four units:
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS008 – Develop strategies to address unmet needs
- CHCCCS009 – Facilitate responsible behaviour
- CHCCCS020 – Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
To be eligible for this certificate, students must:
- Hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in an area involving provision of direct client care or support
- Have skills equivalent to the qualification requirement validated through a recognition of prior learning process
- Have substantial industry experience, on the job training and development along with supervisor assessment of capacity
Tuesday, 5 February 2019 – Enrolment
Tuesday, 26 February 2019 – CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
Tuesday, 19 March 2019 – CHCCCS008 – Develop strategies to address unmet needs
Tuesday, 9 April 2019 – CHCCCS009 – Facilitate responsible behaviour
Tuesday, 30 April 2019 – CHCCCS020 – Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
Please note: classroom attendance is compulsory.
- $990 per person
Training Centre, Alzheimer’s WA, 9 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park, WA 6008
How to attend:
Click on one of the sessions above to book your preferred training date or alternatively talk to our customer service team on 1300 66 77 88 or email us.