(Ageing, Home and Community)
Alzheimer’s WA is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 4755) with over 35 years’ experience in educating and training health care professionals and front line teams in the aged care sector.
Undertaking the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community) provides you with the perfect starting point to your professional career in the aged care sector. Alzheimer’s WA provides you with the knowledge, skills and work experience required to ensure you are ‘job ready’ when you commence your chosen career.
An opportunity to use Alzheimer’s WA’s specialised library and resources is available for all students.
The course consists of seven core units:
- CHCCCS015 – Provide Individualised support
- CHCCCS023 – Support independence and well being
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
The six elective units include:
- CHCAGE001 – Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS025 – Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCHCS001 – Provide home and community support services
- HLTINF001 – Comply with infection control policies and procedures
To obtain qualification, students need to:
- Achieve competency in all 13 units (seven core and six elective)
- Complete a minimum of 120 hours work experience
To be eligible for this certificate, students must:
- Have English language, literacy and numeracy skills at a suitable level to document and verbally communicate a support plan with staff and those for whom you are providing support
- Provide photographic identification and obtain a National Police Clearance prior to undertaking work placement
- Be physically able to undertake the role of a support worker
Please note: classroom attendance is compulsory.
Training Centre, Alzheimer’s WA, 9 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park, WA 6008