Increase your awareness of dementia and gain a better understanding of the impact of dementia on a person’s life. Reflect on your own role in providing person-centred care.
Do you wonder how it feels; what it’s like to be that person? Experiencing Dementia is a different concept in dementia education. This workshop is built around simulation and personal experience, giving you a glimpse into the day-to-day experiences of a person living with dementia.
Engage in simulations reflecting what it’s like to have dementia so you can better understand the difficulties (such as visuospatial effects). In this interactive workshop you will
- Listen to a carer or person with dementia tell you about their experience
- Consider how you can be more supportive towards people in your care
- Identify the absolute importance of trust in relationships
Rewriting the “Behaviour” Story
This half-day workshop aims to shift the paradigms from understanding a person’s feelings, thoughts and actions as ‘behaviours of concern’ to understanding them as an expression of experience. This paradigm may help us rewrite the ‘behaviour’ story, to adjust our perceptions and the way we relate to people and ourselves.
Positive Dementia Care
Gain a basic understanding of dementia as well as practical strategies to enable positive interaction when supporting a person living with dementia in this full day workshop. You will learn:
- What is dementia and how it affects a person
- How to support wellbeing
- How to respond to changes over time
- The person-centred care model
Duration: Full Day
- CHSP community support workers – $90
- Aged, disability or health care workers* – $126
Full day workshop (lunch provided)
- CHSP community support workers – $155
- Aged, disability or health care workers* – $210
*Hospital, residential care, client-directed care package or disability community care
Dates and Locations
Available in Perth metropolitan and regional areas. Please call us on 1300 66 77 88 or email us for upcoming course dates.