Alzheimer’s WA is offering an exciting opportunity to develop staff in the specialist field of dementia care.
The Dementia Change Champion (Community) Program is part of the Dementia Partnership Project and is a partnership within the grant agreement between the Commonwealth Department of Health and Alzheimer’s WA.
The Dementia Change Champion Program will equip participants with knowledge and skills to help them support and enhance dementia approaches in their workplace.
To become a Dementia Change Champion participants must be committed to:
- Undertake education, training and development to obtain and maintain champion registration status
- Leading the way in culture change and improving practice
- Building organisational capacity through sharing knowledge, information and ideas
- Attend Dementia Change Champion network meetings
- Act as a mentor for future Dementia Change Champions
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must:
- be employed by a Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) funded organisation
- be working with individuals living with dementia
- be dedicated to improving the lives of people living with dementia
- have the support of their organisation to undertake the required training to become a Dementia Change Champion be committed to share their learnings
Dementia Change Champion
- Involves: 6 nationally accredited units that focus on promoting understanding and wellbeing of people living with dementia, and enhancing best practice
- Duration: 5 months (please contact us for class schedule)
- Outcome: on successful completion of this course, participants will be awarded Dementia Change Champion status.
Training pathway: Graduates of the DCC program will be eligible to apply for limited funded spaces onto the Dementia Change Champion Leader program
Click here to download the application form
Click here to download an information flyer
Dementia Change Champion Leader
Involves: undertaking the nationally accredited Certificate IV Leadership and Innovation in Dementia Services (10719NAT) RTO 4755
- 16 units that focus on building knowledge around dementia and person-centred practices, and enhancing skills around leadership and innovation
- Duration: 12 months (please contact us for class schedule)
Outcome: on successful completion of this course, participants will be awarded Dementia Change Champion Leader status.
For further information about the Dementia Change Champion Program, please contact 1300 66 77 88 or firstname.lastname@example.org.