Now from only $266.40*.
*Concession fee applied. Conditions apply.
Get the skills you need to start your career in Age Care.
Why should I choose Alzheimer’s WA Training College?
This course will teach you more about a person-centred approach to care, and about dementia, than any other Certificate III. Be trained by the dementia experts.
Book your place now or register your interest
More information about the Certificate III in Individual Support
This course will take 14 weeks to complete full time and 35 weeks to complete part-time. It consists of 13 units and a minimum of 120 hours of work placement, which we will organise for you. Face-to-face study is compulsory.
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 – Support independence and well being
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
What are the elective units:
- CHCAGE001 – Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS025 – Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCHCS001 – Provide home and community support services
- HLTINF001 – Comply with infection control policies and procedures
To be eligible for this certificate, students must:
- Have a suitable English language, literacy and numeracy skills. Students will need to document and verbally communicate a support plan.
- Provide photographic identification.
- Submit a National Police Clearance less than 6 months old.
- Be physically able to undertake the role of a support worker.
- Produce evidence of a current influenza vaccination or be willing to have one prior to work placement.
*Concessions may apply. $120 resource fee additional. Available for eligible students. Find out more.
To find out more about the Certificate III in Individual Support or other courses offered by Alzheimer’s WA Training College, call 1300 66 77 88 or contact us using the form below.
- Download the fees and charges
The student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student service and resource fees.