Join Alzheimer’s WA, the dementia experts as Tender and Grant Writer, and help us to improve the lived experience of those on the dementia journey.
As the dementia experts, Alzheimer’s WA works with clients, their families and other organisations to have the greatest impact on the lived experience of those with dementia.
We are an organisation united by our shared passion, driven by the guidance of our clients and focussed on our sustainability to make a difference for as long as we are needed.
Alzheimer’s WA are seeking a Tender and Grants Writer to be primarily responsible for the research, preparation and submissions of grants, tenders and proposals, plus the coordination of the Contract Management Plan.
This contract is offered on an ongoing basis, commencing at 22.5 hours (3 days per week) with a review after 6 months where the contracted hours may either be reduced or increased.
Your duties as the Tender and Grants Writer will include, but not be limited to:
- Research and keep up to date grants and tender opportunities and their eligibility
- Draft grant expressions of interest, registrations and applications
- Timely and professional delivery of applications
- Develop, maintain, document and report on grant and tender opportunities, the organisations action to each, along with outcomes and recommendations.
- Monitor all grant applications during and after their submission
- Coordinate with internal teams on the policies underpinning relevant grants and their eligibility requirements
- Assist with the preparation of proposal and tender documentation
- Develop and coordinate Contract Management Plans
- Document control and overall responsibility of contract database, providing regular updates to Management on any changes / upcoming expiration of contracts
- Build and maintain successful business relationships
- Establish a network of advisors who work with authorities that govern each grant
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues and management.
- Undertake administrative tasks, as required.
As the successful Tender and Grants Writer, you will have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- An ability to prioritise, monitor and coordinate personal workloads to meet varying deadline
- Is able to undertake a wide variety of functions with no supervision, to moderate tasks with limited supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Functional knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Experience in writing submissions for grants and tenders
- Superior writing skills, so that completed submissions capture all relevant information and present this in the most informative and persuasive manner possible
- Experience in networking and establishing strong relationships with grants advisers, clients and potential clients
- Research skills and ability to learn new information quickly
- Strong project management skills
- High level of dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- Current ‘C’ Class WA driver’s licence
- Current Police Clearance (not more than 6 months old).
- Knowledge of government and community funding programs
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign
- Previous experience in the health and aged care industry or not-for-profit organisation.
What you get in return:
- Attractive salary and 5 weeks of annual leave (pro rata)
- Opportunity to salary package
- Wellbeing Program.
How to apply:
Please submit your application with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your current resume through our online recruitment form.
Applications will not be accepted unless applied through our online recruitment process.
Applications close 2pm Wednesday 16 January 2019