Hear acclaimed US dementia expert Michael Verde speak in regional Western Australia
Alzheimer’s WA and the WA Country Health Service will bring award-winning US dementia expert Michael Verde to regional WA as part of their groundbreaking Dementia Friendly Communities project.
With 7 out of 10 Australians touched by dementia, the need to increase understanding of how the community can support those living with dementia and their families has never been more relevant.
Michael Verde, an inspiring and engaging speaker, is the creator of the award-winning ‘There is a Bridge’ documentary, which explores the power of empathetic attention to keep people with dementia emotionally connected to others.
Michael’s talks are transformational and provide insight on how to communicate and create meaningful connections with someone with living with dementia. Michael will speak about creating community connection for people living with dementia in WA rural communities, and how every member of a community can help foster a Dementia Friendly Community.
You can hear Michael speak in:
- Manjimup – Monday 24 July, 2pm Manjimup Repertory Theatre
- Margaret River – Tuesday 25 July, 10.30am, Margaret River Council Chambers
- Donnybrook – Wednesday 26 July, 10.30am, Donnybrook Town Hall
- Collie – Thursday July, 11am, (as part of the Collie Age- Friendly Expo), Margaretta Wilson Centre
- Harvey – Friday 28 July 10.30am, Harvey Town Hall
- Lancelin – Monday 7 August, 11am, Lancelin Community Sporting Club
- Northam – Tuesday 8 August, 10.30am, Northam Recreation Centre
- York Town Hall – Wednesday 9 August, 10.30am, York Town Hall
- Kellerberrin – Thursday 10 August, 10.30am Kellerberrin Community Resource Centre
- Narrogin – Friday 11 August, 10.30am, Narrogin Town Hall
Bookings can be made via our Events Page.
Registrations can also be made at the door. Refreshments will be provided.
For more information on Dementia Friendly Communities and how you can be involved, please contact us on 1300 66 77 88 or email us.