September is Dementia Awareness Month and this year’s theme Together we can… ensure no one faces dementia alone highlights the need for all Western Australians to reach out to people with dementia in their community to let them know they are not alone.
Dementia is second leading cause of death of Australians and the leading cause of death among Australian females. There are many ways you can become involved in Dementia Awareness Month to show your support.
Don’t face dementia alone
Alzheimer’s WA will be conducting a number of events and activities to highlight Dementia Awareness Month and World Alzheimer’s Day (September 21).
- Game On! Play for the memories, play for dementia. Host your own games night and fundraise for Alzheimer’s WA
- 20 September: Awareness stand, Forrest Place, Perth CBD 9.00am – 2.00pm
- 3 September: The Coffee Club, Innaloo, 2.30pm
- 4 September: Tavolo Café, Belmont, 10.30am
- 6 September: Avocados Café, Kelmscott, 10.00am
- 10 September: The Hub of the Hills, Mundaring, 9.30am
- 10 September: The Cola Café, Toodyay, 10.00am
- 11 September: Kelly’s Café, Canning Vale, 10.00am
- 16 September: Clipper Café, Rockingham, 10.00am
- 24 September: Coffea Fine Espresso, Booragoon, 9.30am
- 24 September: Edenvale Tea Rooms, Pinjarra, 11.00am
- 26 September: The Store Café, Albany, 10.00am
- 27 September: Grannies Home Kitchen, York, 10.00am
- 27 September: Waldeck’s Lakeview Café, Kingsley, 10.00am (younger onset dementia)
Download these new resources to use in your home or workplace to promote Dementia Awareness Month, or email us to have copies posted to you.
- Services to support you
- Understanding dementia
- Living with dementia
- Caring for a person living with dementia: Everyday living
- Caring for a person living with dementia: The lived experience
- Communication and engagement
- Understanding behaviour: The impact of dementia
- Navigating dementia support
Types of dementia sheets
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Vascular dementia
- Dementia with Lewy Bodies
- Younger onset dementia
- Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome
To find out more about the services and support available in Western Australia call 1300 66 77 88.
Social media graphics
- Dementia Awareness Month Facebook 1080x1080px image suite
- Dementia Awareness Month Facebook 1080x1080px – Acute Care
- Dementia Awareness Month Facebook cover image suite
- Dementia Awareness Month Facebook cover – Acute Care