Would you like to enrich the lives of those living with dementia?
At Alzheimer’s WA our shared purpose is to improve the lived experience of those on the dementia journey.
Through advocacy, leadership, innovation, education, partnerships and holistic person- centred care and support, we endeavour to support the pursuit of risk-reduction, treatment and cure for dementia.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and compassionate Facilitator for our Carer Support Groups to join our organisation in bringing support and human connection to the lives of carers and clients on the dementia journey.
If you have a personality that displays warmth, resilience, a positive outlook, confidence, and a sense of humour, then this could be the career for you.
To apply you must be willing to accept a challenge and have passion and commitment for your work and for improving the lives of those living with dementia
We are seeking a passionate person, to provide facilitation of dementia specific care support groups and provide a group environment for carers to share experiences and gain knowledge about topics related to living with dementia.
This position is part time, working 37.5 hours each fortnight and is on a fixed term contract until 30 June 2020. Option for this role to be job shared if suitable applicants prefer fewer hours.
Your duties as the Facilitator, Carer Support Groups will include, but not be limited to:
Monitors the intake of new clients and the transition of existing clients to other services
- Provides a facilitated group environment for carers to share and learn from each other’s experiences
- Provides carers with appropriate written and verbal information related to living with dementia
- Maintains and in-depth understanding of the services and programs provided by Alzheimer’s WA
- Provides accurate documentation of carer’s information and support group meetings.
As the successful Facilitator, Carer Support Groups, you will have:
- Relevant degree in human services field or relevant skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience in group facilitation including an understanding of the theories and framework of group facilitation
- Knowledge of dementia and its impact on the family as well as the individual
- Experience in workshop preparation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise personal workload
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-functional team
- Evidence of experience and competence in using computers
- Possession of a standard “C” class drivers licence.
- A National Police Clearance (issued within 6 months of date of employment commencement).
- Liaison and networking skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of services available for people with dementia and their carers
- Demonstrated experience in working therapeutically with groups, and support groups in particular
- Experience in using a client database.
What you get in return:
- Attractive salary packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing Program.
Please submit your application with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your current resume through our online recruitment form.
Applications will not be accepted unless applied through our online recruitment process.
Applications close 11th January 2019
Please note: Short listing may commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position without notice. Only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted if short listed.
For more information please contact Tim Lo on 08 9388 2800 or visit our website.
Thank you for your interest in Alzheimer’s WA.