Who we are:
Alzheimer’s WA are the preeminent dementia care and support organisation which offers a range of care and support services across Perth metropolitan and regional WA to clients and their families who are living with Dementia. Our shared purpose is to improve the lived experience of those on the dementia journey through our advocacy, leadership, innovation, education, partnerships and holistic, person centred care and support, and to support the pursuit of risk reduction, treatment and cure for dementia. With a workforce of more than 200 (employees and volunteers) and revenues in excess of $10 million, Alzheimer’s WA is a significant participant in the community services sector.
What you will be doing:
As Customer Support Officer you will be the first point of contact with our clients. The primary role of this position is to respond to enquiries by either providing information, or referring to the relevant internal or external program/service. Enquiries are received predominantly via telephone but face-to-face meetings are not uncommon. To be successful you will need to be an excellent communicator, aligned to Alzheimer’s WA Culture and values which are central to our work.
This position is full time on a fixed term contract until 30 June 2018, extension to this is possible dependent upon funding. This position will be located in our Osborne Park offices.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary point of contact for all enquiries, eligibility and referrals including referrals from the National Dementia Helpline and the Regional Assessment Service;
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the services and programs provided by Alzheimer’s WA;
- Assists clients, family members and service providers to identify internal and/or external services that meet their needs;
- Ensures all data is accurately recorded into our client management database on a daily basis;
- Maintains a referral register including demographic statistics;
- Manages Counselling appointments including bookings and cancellations;
- Manages the initial queries for all Fee for Services, Brokerage, NDIS and WA NDIS queries which may include the provision of quotes, and information regarding service provision parameters;
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining processes to ensure a streamlined and responsive intake process that meets the needs of the customers and internal and external stakeholders;
- Considers customer satisfaction as paramount in establishing a positive regard of Alzheimer’s WA services;
- Distributes, analyses and reports on consumer and service data as directed.
This role presents a great opportunity to join the team of a growing, innovative and diverse organisation, shaping future strategy and growth. Benefits include a great working environment, competitive remuneration including access to salary packaging and professional development.
- Previous customer service experience and interpersonal skills in an area where ensuring clients are supported with compassion providing an engaging and professional service are key.
- Professional telephone skills that reflect an ability to actively listen, provide support and have an understanding of client needs.
- Possess a high standard of oral and written communication.
- Computer skills and experience using databases.
- A National Police Clearance (issued within 6 months of current date).
- Experience in the human services field.
- Knowledge of dementia and its impact on the individual and those supporting them.
- A knowledge of services available to support people with a diagnosis of dementia or who are in the process of obtaining a diagnosis
- Familiarity with the role of the Aged Care Assessment Teams and Regional Assessment Teams
For further information or to view a copy of the job description please email HR@alzheimerswa.org.au
Closing date: 16th March 2018