Join Alzheimer’s WA, the dementia experts as an Accountant and help us to improve the lived experience of those on the dementia journey
As the dementia experts, Alzheimer’s WA works with clients, their families and other organisations to have the greatest impact on the lived experience of those with dementia.
We are an organisation united by our shared passion, driven by the guidance of our clients and focussed on our sustainability to make a difference for as long as we are needed.
Alzheimer’s WA are seeking an Accountant to work on a part time basis (22.5 hours per week, days and hours to be flexible but must be 3 days per week), primarily responsible for the preparation and examination of Alzheimer’s WA’s financial records to meet and support the financial requirements of AWA. Applicants are required to have Accountancy experience in the Not for Profit sector. This position is available for immediate commencement.
Your duties as the Accountant will include, but not be limited to:
- Prepare and process general journals to ensure the accurate reporting of the organisational and departmental financial performance.
- Maintain and monitor transaction journal posting from various sources including accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, payroll, Raiser’s Edge, to identify errors and perform adjustments.
- Assist Management Accountant to develop and maintain appropriate finance procedures to ensure accuracy and integrity.
- Prepare information for and complete monthly BAS.
- Prepare annual FBT returns.
- Prepare and monitor cash flow forecast.
- Maintain Fixed Assets Register in financial system, process records of acquisition, improvement, disposals and depreciation.
- Calculate and process the monthly leave provision.
- Contribute in the preparation of year-end auditing.
- Assist staff members with queries, such as coding.
- Provide accounting and system support to finance team members, this may also include completion of payroll during staff absences.
- Manage the annual budget process and monthly forecasting.
- Undertake monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly Management Reports for Board and Management Team and provide summary and variance analysis of actual vs. budget.
- Prepare funding program acquittal reports as required.
- Prepare funding program budget reports internally and externally as required.
- Work closely with Management Account to prepare comprehensive organisational Annual Financial Reports and fulfil the requirements of annual auditing.
- Prepare other ad hoc reports or analysis when required.
As the successful Accountant, you will have:
- Understanding and demonstrated experience in supporting the budgeting, reporting and associated financial functions
- Strong background and experience ensuring financial statutory compliance, preferably in a not for profit environment
- A high level of financial and analytical skills
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in the use of financial software and Microsoft suite
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment on multiple projects with strict time frames
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- A valid police clearance or the ability to obtain one
What you get in return:
- Attractive salary packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing Program
How to apply:
Applications will not be accepted unless applied through our online recruitment process.
Applications close 3pm on Sunday 14 January 2018
Please note: Short listing may commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position without notice. Only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted if short-listed.
For more information please contact Maulik Patel on 08 9388 2800.