Part time position 15 hours per week (5 hrs each Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
Shenton Park location
The Assistant Coordinator – Groups is responsible for planning and organising outings for all groups operating within the Social Support Group Program in Perth Metropolitan region. The role assists and supports Group Support Workers, and assists the Respite Coordinators to ensure delivery of a quality respite service in a meaningful, engaging and safe community environment for people living with dementia. This role will provide services based on a person centred approach, which support the person’s wellbeing, choice and needs whilst promoting autonomy and independence.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Adopts a team approach to the provision of quality services for people living with dementia based on person centred practice, including the planning and organising of appropriate safe, meaningful and engaging activities & outings
- Provides leave relief for Group Support Workers as required and support with organising staff to run groups
- Promotes and provides information on group services, club activities undertaken, and a general understanding of other Alzheimer’s WA services, to external stakeholders, service providers and clients/carers as necessary
- Undertakes required administrative tasks to assist with efficient operation of the service support with delegation of tasks to support staff and maintaining a quality service for members
- Overseeing vehicle related activities, i.e. fuelling, light maintenance and reporting of any concerns.
- Supports with day to day scheduling, including cancellation of services, via the Procura client management system, and provides basic telephone support to clients and Support Workers in relation to scheduling enquiries
- Oversees group supplies and ensures stocks are full, reporting to Coordinator/Team Leader when items are needed
- Develops and maintains ongoing knowledge and understanding of Support Workers availability and suitability for range of client services
- Reports concerns of staff/club members to Respite Coordinator
- Assist the Respite Coordinator in effective assessment and reviews of clients accessing group services to ensure needs are being met, through accurate reports and case noting
- Builds and maintains relationships with members, families, staff, students and volunteers
- Recognises and supports the needs of members and families/carers whilst being respectful of their individual views.
- Relevant experience in a Health or Human Services setting
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and empathetically, and problem solve where necessary, with people from a range of backgrounds, (including people living with dementia and their carers)
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with an ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Demonstrated high standard of computer keyboard skills, knowledge of Microsoft office software and ability to learn new computer software programs
- The ability to help create and sustain a service that supports and empowers people with dementia
- Current Police Clearance (not more than 6 months old), or willingness to obtain one, and Driver’s Licence.
- Experience of assisting coordination and delivery of dementia specific group services
- First Aid Certificate.
How to apply:
Please submit your application with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your current resume through our online recruitment form.
Applications close 3pm on Friday 11 January 2019