Would you like to enrich the lives of those living with dementia through education?
A rare and unique opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced and qualified Trainer Assessor to join WA’s leading dementia experts the Alzheimer’s WA’s Education and Training Team, to be successful, you will be committed to the delivery of excellent quality education and training.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, dynamic, VET trainer who wants to make a positive difference in aged and community care by providing the highest quality education and training to aged care workers.
As a trainer/educator you will be primarily responsible for providing accredited education, including the CHC33015 Certificate III Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community) and CHCSS00095 Dementia Support – Service Delivery Skill Set to people commencing their career in aged care and non-accredited education to family carers, health service providers, volunteers and the general public of WA.
The position is offered working part-time 4 days per week on a fixed term contract for 2 years.
Your role will include:
- Delivering accredited training qualifications, including CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and community specialties)
- Presenting information and education about dementia and current approaches to dementia care to family carers, health and aged care service providers and volunteers within the state of WA
- Developing learning resources and training materials as required for use in both nationally-recognised and non-accredited education programs
- Undertaking assessment of competence for individuals undertaking nationally recognised training
- Providing information and education to interested community groups and the general public about Alzheimer’s WA, dementia and risk factors
- Providing assistance as required with public awareness events and displays
- Assisting the Manager Education & Training with the effective administration of the education service
- Assisting in the maintenance of accurate education records and statistics in line with RTO guidelines
- Contributing to continuous improvement activities
- Assisting in the regular review of education policies, processes, resources and training methodologies
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or equivalent
- Ability to train the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support qualification
- Provide evidence of ability to train CHC33015 Certificate III Individual Support (ie up to date trainer matrix)
- Experience and demonstrable skills in the development and delivery of education programmes for adults
- Knowledge and experience in aged care
- Knowledge of the VET system and RTO Guidelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to undertake travel within the state as required
- Demonstrated experience in the use of MS Office Applications and databases
- Current Police Clearance (not more than 6 months old) and driver’s licence
- Provide evidence of current Influenza vaccination
- Certificate IV in Dementia Practice or Leadership and Innovation in Dementia Services
- In depth knowledge and experience in supporting people living with dementia
- Understanding of a person-centred approach in dementia care
- Qualifications in health, community or aged care services
- Experience in reviewing and developing course material
What you will gain
- An amazing opportunity with a great company who are leaders in dementia practice
- Continuous professional development opportunities
- Fun and friendly work environment with flexible work options
How to apply
Closing date: Monday, 2 November 2020
Please submit your application with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your current resume through our online recruitment form.
Applications will not be accepted unless applied through our online recruitment process.
Please note: Short listing may commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position without notice. Only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted if short listed.