Our Senior Manager, Community Care and Support Services is responsible for business growth by responding appropriately to the changing sector environment through strong leadership and business development expertise. The position contributes to the financial sustainability and revenue, and is accountable for the financial control and profitability of the Community Care and Support Services department.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- under the direction of the CEO, lead and motivate team members to deliver desired results, including the creation, adherence and delivery of work plans and performance standards;
- ensures commitment and adherence to Alzheimer’s WA’s person-centred philosophy and practice in dementia care, taking on the responsibility to ensure that this philosophy is embedded and advocated across all services and programs;
- participate in personal and professional evaluation of work performance, leading and managing direct reports including coaching, mentoring, and training as required;
- develop and manage annual operational plans across all areas of responsibility, managing events to increase income and awareness whilst delivering, managing and ensuring compliance towards relative legislation; and
- ensure sustainability of services through financial monitoring, budget management and funding growth.
- relevant qualification in disability, health or welfare, preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in Health, Business, Psychology, Social Work, or similar;
- demonstrated experience in balancing strong client engagement with high commercial acumen;
- demonstrated experience managing and leading high performing teams, prioritising, monitoring and coordinating personal workloads to meet varying deadlines;
- in-depth knowledge of the Aged Care Industry, regulation and quality compliance including CHSP and HCP legislation and standards;
- proven track record in developing and growing services;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to present and manage stakeholder relationships with demonstrated experience, time management and organisational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines;
- demonstrated ability to seek and develop new, and maintain existing, relationships to achieve strategic business objectives and to convert these relationships into opportunities for the business;
- working rights in Australia;
- a valid WA ‘C’ class driver’s licence and an insured roadworthy vehicle;
- NDIS Worker Screening; and
- up-to-date COVID Vaccination.
- Applicable professional membership pertinent to the role;
- RN experience and previous experience leading clinical and/or care teams;
- Knowledge and experience of the lived experience of dementia and dementia related services;
- Previous experience in the health and aged care industry, in particular management or leadership experience in the Not for Profit (NFP) sector;
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013, NDIS, legislation and standards and other related Government agencies and how they inform service models and delivery;
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission practice and the application of quality assurance principles.
At Alzheimer’s WA, we offer:
- eligibility for a $500 retention bonus*;
- five (5) week annual leave per year plus 17.5% leave loading;
- opportunity to salary package up to $15,900 per annum;
- access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); and
- ongoing growth and development opportunities.