Reporting into the head of department for Community Care & Support Services, our operations manager is responsible for all aged care services operations at our 3 respite houses and for our community support workers. This is a full-time, permanent position based in our Subiaco office with some travel to our respite houses required.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- manage all aged care operations by facilitating respite houses to achieve financial and performance KPI’s;
- ensure all programs are fully compliant with contractual and legislative requirements and the Aged Care Quality Standards;
- manage human resources issues in Community Care and Support Services that escalate beyond the respective house managers;
- work with People & Culture to achieve the organisation’s strategic recruitment objectives;
- ensure all external reporting requirements are met with regards to SIRS, My Aged Care and PRODA;
- report to the Executive Leadership Team on operational revenue and service performance and provide strategic input to the leadership team regarding operational changes, challenges and requirements;
- make recommendations on closing gaps with regards to any WHS issues from an operational perspective;
- work with the head of department on provide services that demonstrate best practice and favourable outcomes for our clients/members;
- coach, mentor and assist house managers with the appropriate management of their staff;
- actively contribute to building the culture of AWA;
- address and handle complaints from clients and participants;
- ensure all client and participant documentation is up-to-date (care plans, client profiles, OT and other Allied Health reports, manual handling plans, WHS documentation etc.); and
- attend and contribute to all clinical governance meetings.
- 5+ years working in community aged care services;
- excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise workloads and meet tight timeframes;
- exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- intermediate proficiency with Office 365 applications;
- unrestricted working rights in Australia;
- WA ‘C’ class driver’s licence;
- NDIS Worker Screening Check; and
- COVID Vaccination (three doses).
- nursing/clinical background (qualifications and experience);
- current AHPRA registration as a registered nurse;
At Alzheimer’s WA, we offer:
- Opportunity to salary package up to $15,900 per annum;
- Five (5) weeks of annual leave per year;
- On-site parking;
- Membership discount for selected health insurance schemes;
- Retention bonus;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP); and
- On-going professional development opportunities.
After application submission, candidates will be shortlisted and forwarded to respective hiring managers. Only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted following the shortlisting process.
If you have questions about the position, or would like to see the full position description, you can email us at email@example.com.
Please note: We reserve the right to close the position without notice.
At Alzheimer’s WA, we believe that we have an important role to play in promoting diversity, equality, respect and inclusion in our society. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.