Our Support Workers are a vital part of our organisation, providing clients with our high standard of person-centred services. The services we provide enable people living with dementia to experience an extraordinary quality of life within their household and their community.
Alzheimer’s WA are seeking dedicated Disability Support Workers to provide essential services for our NDIS Clients throughout the Perth metropolitan area (Joondalup to Mandurah).
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support with personal care, medication, meals preparations and occasionally domestic assistance
- Build rapport and relationships with people living with dementia to provide companionship and support, whilst maintaining optimum professional boundaries.
- Create and maintain an environment supporting the wellbeing needs of people living with dementia, and their family carers.
- Plan and commit to activities and outings that provide opportunities to maintain skills and promote independence, whilst respecting a client’s personal choice.
- Facilitate meaningful activities for centre-based clients, always supporting their abilities and dignity, whilst providing reassurance and validation of their feelings.
- Collaborate with your team to provide person-centred support to people living with dementia in the community.
- To apply for a support worker position we require a Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent demonstrated experience. Alzheimer’s WA Training College offers this course and you may be eligible for subsidised training. Read more about Priority Industry Training or call us on 1300 66 77 88.
- Current Senior First Aid & CPR (with 3+ months until expiry)
- Demonstrated communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and empathetically with people living with dementia and their carers
- Ability to engage in meaningful relations with people living with dementia, supporting their abilities, always promoting their dignity, and providing reassurance and validation of their feelings
- Working rights in Australia
- Current Police Clearance
- A valid WA ‘C’ class driver’s licence and an insured roadworthy vehicle
- NDIS Worker Screening
- Up to date COVID Vaccination
- Certificate IV in Dementia, or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Understanding of person-centred approach in dementia care
- Ability to speak language(s) in addition to English
At Alzheimer’s WA, we offer:
- Opportunity to salary package up to $15,900 per annum,
- Five (5) weeks of annual leave per year,
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP),
- A comprehensive induction program, and
- On-going professional development opportunities.