Alzheimer’s WA is looking to bring on board two suitably experienced and qualified Consultants (Dementia specialists) to join our fast-growing Education and Consulting team. The Consultant will undertake project work supporting our initiatives to develop better community responses to dementia. This role provides an excellent opportunity to work with a diverse range of clientele and join a passionate and energetic team in a rewarding industry. It is a full-time role based in Shenton Park.
As an experienced practitioner you will be required to:
- Identify gaps in services and knowledge relevant to the target group/s
- Provide tailored information and education workshops about dementia and best practices for care providers, health professionals, and stakeholders with respect to dementia services
- Collaborating with external stakeholders to ensure best practices are implemented
- Develop and maintain learning resources and training materials as required
- Perform gap analysis and translate findings to practical application for best practice care
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting of outcomes and activities to the Head of Department
- Maintains accurate records and statistics of allocated Programs
- Works collaboratively with other Alzheimer’s WA teams to ensure stakeholders are supported in the community
- Accessing current evidence-based guidance and knowledge and ensuring it is aligned with the Dementia care providers, organizations, etc
- Participates in mentoring to assist in knowledge transfer.
- Knowledge of best practice dementia care and relevant quality assurance principles
- Tertiary qualifications in social sciences or human services field and/or extensive experience in a similar role
- Experience in implementing projects and initiatives
- Ability to work in a small team, manage multiple projects and work with a high level of autonomy.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills including the capacity to problem solve and negotiate with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Sound knowledge and skill in using MS Office Suite.
- Willingness to travel within the state and for overnight stays if required.
- NDIS Worker Screening
- COVID VaccinationDesirable
- A degree in Social Work, Psychology, or equivalent
- Experience working with regional providers
- Certificate IV in workplace training and assessment
- Certificate IV in Dementia Practice or higher dementia qualification
- Current WA Driver’s LicenseAt Alzheimer’s WA, we offer:
- Opportunity to salary package up to $15,900 per annum
- Five (5) weeks of annual leave per year
- Discounted rates for health insurance
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- On-going professional development opportunities.Application Process:
After application submission, candidates will be shortlisted and forwarded to respective hiring managers. Only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted following the shortlisting process.
If you have questions about the position, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: We reserve the right to close the position without notice.
At Alzheimer’s WA, we believe that we have an important role to play in promoting diversity, equality, respect, and inclusion in our society. People from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.