Alzheimer’s WA is seeking an experienced and passionate Care Coordinator to coordinate the development and delivery of dementia specialist Respite Services, and supervise and support the respite team to ensure provision of quality Respite Services. This is a maternity leave contract for a minimum of 6 months with the possibility of extension.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- monitor the contractual hours of services within the allocated budget;
- input and maintain accurate data/records with regards to staff, clients and carers;
- ensure on going evaluation of service delivery to identify gaps in service provision and ensure continuous improvement;
- assist in formulation and implementation of team procedures;
- coordination of referrals to ensure implementation of appropriate services for people with dementia, adhering to guidelines, policies and procedures;
- uses re-enablement and wellbeing approach to work collaboratively with clients to define their goals and encourage feedback on how they would like to shape their service;
- coordinate support workers, ensuring effective staff utilisation in appropriate services to achieve the best outcomes for our clients;
- provides dementia specific information to clients and carers as requested;
- coordination of services including social support, in home respite, groups and day centre services;
- provides appropriate feedback to the House Manager on any service issues;
- in conjunction with the House Manager, provide supervision, monitoring, support, training and performance evaluations for staff and volunteers;
- assists with recruitment and onboarding, as directed by House Manager;
- processes timesheets for staff/volunteers;
- monitor safe working conditions for all community and respite staff;
- collaborate closely with other AWA departments to ensure best practice in our service provision; and
- liaises with external service providers and agencies to facilitate information sharing and promotion of AWA services.
- tertiary qualification in aged care or community services or extensive, relevant experience;
- previous experience in the health and aged care industry.
- demonstrated ability to plan and organise workload to meet tight deadlines;
- demonstrated empathy, understanding, and experience of working with people living with dementia;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to manage stakeholder relationships
- working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- NDIS Check (or willing to obtain); and
- up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations (3 doses).
- Knowledge of services available for people with dementia and their carers;
- Experience working with and providing services to people living within the community; and
- demonstrated ability to lead a small team.
At Alzheimer’s WA, we offer:
- salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum;
- five (5) weeks of annual leave per year;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP); and
- ongoing professional development opportunities.
After application submission, candidates will be shortlisted and forwarded to respective hiring managers. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
If you have questions about the position or would like to see the full position description, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: We reserve the right to close the position without notice.
At Alzheimer’s WA, we believe that we have an important role to play in promoting diversity, equality, respect, and inclusion in our society. People from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.