As the dementia experts, Alzheimer’s WA works with clients, their families and other organisations to have the greatest impact on the lived experience of those with dementia.
We are an organisation united by our shared passion, driven by the guidance of our clients and focussed on our sustainability to make a difference for as long as we are needed.
Alzheimer’s WA are seeking to appoint an Assistant Coordinator Respite Scheduler, responsible for maintaining daily scheduling and administration of Alzheimer’s WA dementia specialist respite and social support services. This role is responsible for assisting with the coordination of activities delivered in accordance with a person-centred practice.
Your duties as the Assistant Respite Scheduler, will include, but not be limited to:
- Daily administration and management of database and service scheduling functions to ensure efficient and effective client service delivery
- Provides consistent, professional communication and accurate telephone support/information to clients, Support Workers and office-based colleagues
- Coordinates relief cover for Support Workers when they are unavailable (due to planned/unplanned leave)
- Maintains follow-up system on support worker and client short term exits
- Ensures Clients schedules and Support Worker’s rosters are up to date on Procura in a timely manner to provide accurate rosters through Procura
- Respond to roster enquiries
- Assists in processing ceased client information
- Respects privacy and confidentiality of clients/carers and Support Workers
- Collects and enters relevant staff and client information into Client Management System, maintains accurate database records including client case notes and worker notes
- Assists Client Services and Finance staff to maintain accurate service provision details to ensure accurate invoicing, payroll and reporting
- Assists Respite Coordinators and Team Leader with the support and ongoing monitoring of Support Workers
- Assists in providing relevant documentation to Support Workers
- Provides basic telephone support and information to clients and Respite Support Workers in relation to day to day scheduling
- Complete Daily timekeeping and follow up variances with Support Worker’s
- Complete verification of household attendance
As the successful Assistant Respite Scheduler, you will have:
- Relevant experience in Health or Human Services setting
- Experience using Procura Client Management System or similar
- Demonstrated empathy, understanding, and ability to build positive relationships
- Demonstrated high standard of computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft office software and ability to learn new computer software programs quickly
- High standard of verbal and written communication skills with a focus on person-centredness
- Positive work commitment, honesty and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve a variety of situations and multitask
- Proven ability to organise workload and ability to prioritise multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Current driver’s license and current police clearance (not more than 6 months old)
- Experience coordinating/scheduling services for an aged care service provider
- Experience of working with people living with dementia
What you get in return
- Attractive salary and 5 weeks of annual leave
- Opportunity to salary package
- Wellbeing Program
How to apply
Closing date: Friday, 9 October 2020
Please submit your application with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your current resume through our online recruitment form.
Applications will not be accepted unless applied through our online recruitment process.
Please note: Short listing may commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position without notice. Only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted if short listed.