Our Support Workers are passionate and dedicated to supporting people living with dementia within their household and communities. Our services use a person-centred approach which assists and empowers our clients to achieve personal goals and a greater quality of life.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- building rapport and providing companionship to people living with dementia;
- improving quality of life through supports within personal care and social supports;
- create an environment supportive of the wellbeing needs of people living with dementia, their families, and their carers;
- plan and commit to activities that provide opportunities to maintain skills and promote independence, whilst respecting a client’s dignity and personal choice; and
- collaborate to provide person-centred supports to people living with dementia in the community.
- To apply for a support worker position we require a Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent demonstrated experience. Alzheimer’s WA Training College offers this course and you may be eligible for subsidised training. Read more about Priority Industry Training or call us on 1300 66 77 88.
- current Senior First Aid [HLTAID011] and CPR [HLTAID009] (with 3+ months until expiry);
- two (2) professional references;
- demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and empathetically with people living with dementia and their carers;
- ability to engage in meaningful relations with people living with dementia, supporting their abilities, always promoting their dignity, and providing reassurance and validation of their feelings;
- working rights in Australia;
- a valid WA ‘C’ class driver’s licence and an insured roadworthy vehicle;
- NDIS Worker Screening; and
- up-to-date COVID Vaccination.
- Certificate IV in Dementia, or equivalent demonstrated experience;
- understanding of person-centred approach in dementia care; and
- ability to speak language(s) in addition to English.
At Alzheimer’s WA, we offer:
- eligibility for a $500 retention bonus*;
- five (5) week annual leave per year plus 17.5% leave loading;
- opportunity to salary package up to $15,900 per annum;
- access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); and
- ongoing growth and development opportunities.