Alzheimer’s WA are seeking an experienced and passionate Senior Support Worker to be based out of our new Woodvale respite house. The is a dual role (support worker/coordinator) and undertakes a broad range of duties including providing direct support to clients in our day centre and coordination/administrative duties.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- build rapport and provide support to clients at our Woodvale day centre;
- create an environment supportive of the wellbeing needs of people living with dementia, their families, and their carers;
- coach and mentor other support workers regarding practice, policies, procedures and documentation requirements;
- identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives relating to service delivery;
- understand, monitor and review client’s care plans;
- liaise with third parties relating to providing support to clients, as per their care plan;
- assist the House Manager with managing any day-to-day issues;
- plan and commit to activities that provide opportunities to maintain skills and promote independence, whilst respecting a client’s dignity and personal choice; and
- collaborate to provide person-centred supports to people living with dementia in the community
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Ageing, Disability;
- 3+ years’ experience as a support worker for an aged care provider;
- current Senior First Aid [HLTAID011] and CPR [HLTAID009];
- demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and empathetically with people living with dementia and their carers;
- ability to engage in meaningful relations with people living with dementia, supporting their abilities, always promoting their dignity, and providing reassurance and validation of their feelings;
- unrestricted working rights in Australia;
- a valid WA ‘C’ class driver’s licence and an insured roadworthy vehicle;
- NDIS Worker Screening; and
- up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations (3 doses).
- Certificate IV in Dementia, or equivalent demonstrated experience;
- understanding of person-centred approach in dementia care; and
- ability to speak language(s) in addition to English.
At Alzheimer’s WA, we offer:
- salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum.
- five (5) weeks of annual leave per year.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP); and
- ongoing professional development opportunities.
After application submission, candidates will be shortlisted and forwarded to respective hiring managers. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
If you have questions about the position or would like to see the full position description, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: We reserve the right to close the position without notice.
At Alzheimer’s WA, we believe that we have an important role to play in promoting diversity, equality, respect, and inclusion in our society. People from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Application for Employment