Alzheimer’s WA are seeking an experienced and passionate House Manager to lead, manage and provide operational support to the Care and Support Service team, based out of our new Woodvale respite house. This is a hands-on position and will require the incumbent to provide interim support to clients in our day centre.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- ensure effective delivery of care services that incorporate the unique needs of clients and carers;
- responsible for the development and implementation of quality programs and initiatives;
- manage day centre staff and volunteers and ensure all documentation and compliance requirements are met with regards to delivery service;
- manage client referrals, support planning and ongoing assessment/reviews to ensure appropriate service provision for clients and carers;
- be accountable for accurate, up to date record keeping on client management systems;
- undertakes all required administrative tasks to ensure efficient operation of the service in keeping with budget parameters;
- review, develop and implement systems, policies and procedures into current work practices to ensure there is organisational consistency;
- monitors the welfare of clients and their carers and manage any changes observed in clients’ social, psychological or physical wellbeing;
- build and maintains relationships with clients, families, staff, students and volunteers within the service, other service providers/agencies and program staff across the organisation;
- recognise and support the needs of clients and families/carers whilst being respectful of their individual views;
- provide information to support clients and families/carers along their dementia journey; and
- establish and maintain a positive work culture at the day centre.
- relevant tertiary qualifications in aged care or community services and/or extensive experience working with people living with dementia;
- demonstrated ability to manage and develop a small team, deliver quality, aged care services and maintain compliance and administration obligations;
- proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications and experience using a client management system database;
- excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- current NDIS Check (or willing to obtain);
- Current Senior First Aid certificate; and
- Current and valid driver’s licence.
- experience delivering dementia specific services within a day centre/respite based environment.
After application submission, candidates will be shortlisted and forwarded to respective hiring managers. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
If you have questions about the position or would like to see the full position description, you can email us at email@example.com.
Please note: We reserve the right to close the position without notice.
At Alzheimer’s WA, we believe that we have an important role to play in promoting diversity, equality, respect, and inclusion in our society. People from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.