Alzheimer’s WA is seeking a Compliance and Training Officer to join our team and play a critical role in maintaining our RTO registration in accordance with the Australian Quality Skills Authority (AQTF) Standards. Reporting to the Senior Manager Education and Consultancy department, this role will be responsible for ensuring the RTO’s compliance with the VET quality framework, planning and conducting internal audits, identifying areas of compliance vulnerability, and managing relationships with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, schedule, and implement internal audits for standards and compliance within the RTO;
- Identify areas of compliance vulnerability and risks associated;
- Represent the RTO with Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA);
- Review and maintain all RTO policies and procedures to ensure compliance;
- Maintain trainer qualification register – ensure trainers and assessors hold and maintain currency in relevant qualifications and units of competency;
- Monitor and maintain compliance reporting and activity calendar;
- Ensure ongoing compliance with relevant government registration standards;
- Prepare audit reports for ASQA, including Annual Declaration of compliance;
- Ensure training and audit strategies meet rules of assessment, and include moderation and validation;
- Facilitate correctional procedural processes and maintain appropriate registers for service improvements, complaints, and incident reporting; and
- Guide and support the development of strategies and plans for all Alzheimer’s WA key activities and campaigns, developing and nurturing relationships with stakeholders, building and maintaining key relationships whilst maintaining a professional image to customers and the public.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of the AQTF
- Experience working on VETtrak system in an RTO in an administrative or compliance role
- Demonstrated knowledge of working in a compliance framework
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Office 365 applications
- An ability to prioritise, monitor and coordinate workload to meet deadlines
- Commitment and understanding of Alzheimer’s WA’s Vision, Purpose, Philosophy, and Value
- Experience working with people with dementia and their carers
- Certificate IV in Education and Training
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission practice and the application of quality assurance principles
At Alzheimer’s WA, we offer:
- Opportunity to salary package up to $15,900 per annum;
- 5 weeks of annual leave;
- 17.5% leave loading;
- On-site parking;
- Membership discount for selected health insurance schemes;
- Retention bonus;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP); and
- On-going professional development.
After application submission, candidates will be shortlisted and forwarded to respective hiring managers. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
If you have questions about the position, or would like to see the full position description, you can email us at email@example.com.
Please note: We reserve the right to close the position without notice.
At Alzheimer’s WA, we believe that we have an important role to play in promoting diversity, equality, respect and inclusion in our society. People from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. #StudyPerth