How many people in Western Australia have dementia?
There are 41,630 West Australians with dementia. Without a medical breakthrough, this number is projected to increase rapidly to 84,161 by 2036.
Number of people with dementia in Western Australia:
- 2019 – 41,630 people with dementia
- 2028 – 56,886 people with dementia
- 2058 – 107,664 people with dementia
Number of people with dementia in Australia:
- 2019 – 447,115 people with dementia
- 2058 – 1,076,129 people with dementia
Source: NATSEM calculations using ABS population projections.
Please contact us if you would like more information on how to subscribe to our newsletters.
Our Annual Reports outline the functions, services and activities of Alzheimer’s WA for each financial year.
- Alzheimer’s WA Annual Report 2018 (PDF)
- Alzheimer’s WA Annual Report 2017 (PDF)
- Alzheimer’s Australia WA Annual Report 2016 (PDF)
- Alzheimer’s Australia WA Annual Report 2015 (PDF)
- Alzheimer’s Australia WA Annual Report 2014 (PDF)
- Alzheimer’s Australia WA Annual Report 2013 (PDF)
- Alzheimer’s Australia WA Annual Report 2012 (PDF)
Read the latest issue of Milestones – the quarterly newsletter of Alzheimer’s WA.
- Issue 23: Autumn 2019 (PDF)
- Issue 22: Summer 2018 (PDF)
- Issue 21: Autumn 2018 (PDF)
- Issue 20: Summer 2017 (PDF)
- Issue 19: Autumn 2017 (PDF)
- Issue 18: Autumn 2016 (PDF)
- Issue 17: Winter 2015 (PDF)
- Issue 16: Winter 2014 (PDF)
- Issue 15: Winter 2013 (PDF)
Read our Member Connect newsletter to find out the latest news, the difference we’re making, and most importantly, how you can help.
- Member Connect June 2019
- Member Connect May 2019
- Member Connect April 2019
- Member Connect March 2019
- Member Connect February 2019
- Member Connect January 2019
- Member Connect December 2018
- Member Connect November 2018
- Member Connect October 2018
- Member Connect September 2018
- Member Connect August 2018
- Member Connect July 2018
Subscribe to our Dementia Aware newsletter to keep up to date with the latest dementia research and innovation, as well as details of our educational workshops and courses and upcoming events.
- Dementia Aware June 2019
- Dementia Aware March 2019
- Dementia Aware February 2019
- Dementia Aware January 2019